Sunday, September 27, 2009

sharing my dragon

I think my dragon was born simetime when I was in high school. I was made fun of A LOT. I didn't have any friends to turn to when I was feeling bad. So, I started drawing dragons. It was a way for me to escape my troubles for a while. The 2D picture that I draw is the one that I seem to draw the best. But whenever I draw certain parts of the dragon, certain things come to mind. For example, when I draw the chin, I think of my mamaw's chin. When I draw the beard, it reminds me of the burly guys I used to work with and date. When I draw it from head to toe, I take myself on a ride of memories and stories. Each section I draw, it is like peeling away a layer of myself, or turning a page in my book. To other people, they are just drawings of dragons. To me, the dragons reprepresent me, my soul, my memories, my history, my knowledge, my life lessons that I have learned. Though the 2D dragons look a lot alike, I never draw them identical. Sometimes I draw them with a crystal ball, or a treasure. These things represent my heart -like it's protecting my heart. Sometimes, I picture my dragon being that voice in my head telling me that someone will let me down or disappoint me or that I shouldn't trust someone. I know this is not sane... but I am sane enough to stay within the realm of reality. I'm not crazy. I got my head checked once... the person said I was fine... just a "little odd". Well, i'm cool with that. haha. Anyway, I just thought I would share some pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment